Outsourcing Tax Department Functions
Many companies continue to struggle with the appropriate amount of internal tax resources to employ. Some companies want to own the entire tax function, while others want an experienced tax firm to be entirely accountable and responsible for their tax needs. Some want a mix of both. For more than two decades, GTM has developed and delivered the people, process, and technology to provide an integrated, cost-effective approach to operating tax departments. Clients in industries such as life sciences, retail, manufacturing, banking and utilities have realized the benefits of GTM’s total tax management services.
Performing Critical Tax Functions
- Tax provision preparation under ASC 740 and IAS 12
- Preparation of financial statement tax footnote and disclosures
- Effective tax rate planning and minimization strategies
- Tax return compliance including federal, state, and U.S. international tax reporting and compliance
- Cash Tax management
- Management of tax examinations (income and indirect tax)
- Multi-state sales and use tax process automation
TECHNOLOGY & PLANNING:
- Tax technology implementation, process redesign, and data management
- Entity structuring, including acquisitions
- Multi-state income tax matters including nexus studies and tax amnesty applications/filings
Actively Managing Your Tax Department
Our tax department outsourcing services also include managing and assisting with operational matters that arise on a day-to-day basis such as establishing procedures and reporting practices, proactively communicating with company management, maintaining a corporate tax calendar, and assisting with examination support. GTM establishes effective communication protocols, serves as a tax liaison to external auditors, and responds to tax inquiries from internal business units.
Why Outsource To GTM?
Tax management is our business. GTM’s scalable turnkey solution provides the necessary tools, know-how and resources required to effectively outsource the appropriate aspect of your tax function, whether complete or partial. We become part of your management team. All of our engagements include active director-level participation to ensure our clients receive the quality of service and attention they deserve. We have a proven client base and track record of maintaining our outsourcing role, or effectively transitioning outsourced functions to your tax department when the timing is right for you.