Corporate Tax Fundamentals Series: Essentials of State & Local Income Tax and Interim Provision Basics with RTPAugust 28, 2019
Corporate Tax Fundamentals
Westin Arlington Gateway
801 N Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22203
Global Tax Management (GTM) introduces its Corporate Tax Fundamentals Series – a series of 2-hour events designed to educate junior professionals on your tax team, and act as a refresher for senior-level tax professionals.
This training program has been successfully executed internally at GTM to prepare our professionals for leadership positions and achieve long-term retention of technically savvy tax personnel. We’re now delivering the program to you in a format that is practical, timely, and adaptable to deepen the tax knowledge of your team without disrupting your department for an entire day.
Please join us on September 19th for the first event of the series. You will enjoy breakfast, networking, 2 CPE credits, and a comprehensive education on the topics of State & Local Income Tax and Interim Provision.
Here’s what you will learn:
Session 1: Essentials of State & Local Income Tax
- Understanding State Nexus standards
- The basics of Public Law 86-272 (The Interstate Income Act of 1959)
- Apportionment methodologies: cost of performance vs. market-based apportionment
- Important State updates pertaining to:
Session 2: Basics of Interim Provision with RTP
- Basics of computing an interim provision
- Computing an annual effective tax rate (AETR)
- Discrete Items including:
- Loss entities/valuation allowances