Radnor, Pa. (June 16, 2017) — To provide an opportunity for all employees to “give back” and to make a real impact on our local communities, Global Tax Management (GTM) executed an annual company-wide Day of Service. Five local organizations in communities that matched up with the geographic location of our office locations were chosen. GTM employees were excited about the chance to serve the community. We achieved a 90% employee participation across the five locations in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. 2017 GTM Day of Service
The organizations served were as follows:
- Our Closet is a volunteer-driven organization that provides clothing to vulnerable Philadelphians and their families free of charge by operating “pop-up shops” throughout the city. We offer community members who are struggling to make ends meet the opportunity to receive free, quality clothing in the “pop-up shop” in a dignified and welcoming space.
- Cradles to Crayons provides children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive – at home, at school and at play. We supply these items free of charge by engaging and connecting communities that have with communities that need.
- PathWays PA was founded in 1978 as the Women’s Association for Women’s Alternatives. It served as one of Pennsylvania’s first residential programs to keep low-income, vulnerable women together with their children and has grown to become one of the Greater Philadelphia Region’s foremost providers of residential and community-based services for women, children and families.
- Brightview Senior Living (Warren, NJ) is Brightview’s sixth senior living community in New Jersey. Brightview Warren is committed to creating a vibrant senior living community by providing excellent service to all their residents. From services to tender, personalized help, their highly trained staff learns what each resident needs to maintain their utmost independence.
- North Hills Community Outreach is an organization of people helping people through life’s many challenges. They are an interfaith organization addressing the needs of people living in crisis, hardship and poverty. Their vision is a future where northern Allegheny County is a sharing community where no one is cold, hungry or alone.
2017 GTM Day of Service Impacts:
- GTM volunteered with Our Closet sorting through over 50 bags of clothing to be given out at various pop-up shops throughout the city to low income and homeless Philadelphians.
- At Cradles to Crayons, GTM sorted through 24 bags of clothes and to clothe 560+ children. We also made up arts and crafts backpacks and sorted through toys. Overall impact was aid for over 1000 children.
- GTM’s team at Pathways, PA painted interior hallways and office spaces a brighter color to promote happiness and optimism for all those that enter. We built benches from scratch, which will allow the mothers to sit at the playground while their children enjoy some exercise and fresh air outside. We also tackled the entire outdoor grounds (mowing, weed-wacking, raking, pulling weeds, and sprucing up the property) with the hope that a clean and well-manicured property will instill pride and joy in the mothers, who themselves, are looking for a new beginning.
- A dozen of our GTM employees volunteered at Brightview senior living to help facilitate a fun filled day with casino games that included Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Dice & Bingo for 50+ senior residents. With prizes and awards being given out the residents had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed the companionship and excitement.
- At North Hills Community Outreach, GTM performed typical gardening tasks to help the garden continue to thrive, such as weeding, edging, mowing, harvesting fruit trees, planting beans, cucumbers and cleaning up the turnip patch.
The day was fulfilling in many ways — employees were able to give back in their local communities and GTM forged new community relationships that will last for years to come.